A short hike or a camping plan in motion with your friends or family? Unless you want to sleep out in the open don’t forget to take your tent with you. Here’s a list of the 10 best 3 person tents in 2019 suitable for hikers and campers.
- List of Top Best 3 Person Tents Reviews
- 10. Marmot Tungsten 3 Person Backpacking Tent w/Footprint
- 9. AYAMAYA Waterproof Hydraulic Automatic Family Beach Dome Tent
- 8. Winterial 3 Person Tent
- 7. ALPS Mountaineering Zephyr 3-Person Tent
- 6. SEMOO Double Layer, 3-4 Person, 3-Season Lightweight Camping/Traveling Tent
- 5. ALPS Mountaineering Taurus 4-Person Tent
- 4. Mountainsmith Genesee 4-Person 3-Season Tent
- 3. WEANAS Professional Backpacking Tent
- 2. Coleman Sundome 3-Person Tent
- 1. SEMOO Large Door, 3-Person, 3-Season Lightweight Water Resistant Family Camping Tent with Carry Bag
- Quick Buyer’s Guide:
List of Top Best 3 Person Tents Reviews
10. Marmot Tungsten 3 Person Backpacking Tent w/Footprint
The Marmot 3p tent is ideal for a group of 3 persons who want to spend some quality time in the open amidst nature. It’s a roomy tent of the highest quality.
- There are two D-shaped zippered doors on the front and back to let you conveniently enter and exit the tent
- You and your friends will be carrying plenty of gear and to accommodate them two vestibules are present
- A 68-denier polyester fabric which is PU coated and seam-taped layers the floor and the roof of the tent for waterproofing and durability
- A mesh canopy keeps out the bugs whilst ensuring that you get a good view of the sky
- The DAC press-fit poles keep the tent upright
- A lampshade pocket disperses light all around from a headlamp whereas small pockets allow you to store essential items
9. AYAMAYA Waterproof Hydraulic Automatic Family Beach Dome Tent
This portable tent can be easily set up in minutes due to its hydraulic feature which is known to last more than tents with spring systems.
- Simply lifting the top of the tent automatically sets it up whereas pressing the end of the poles collapses it
- The tent has three layers out of which the first two combine to windproof the tent. The outer layer can be set up with an extra pole and acts as a flysheet
- Two D-shaped, zippered and meshed doors exist on either side of the tent to keep insects out, to ventilate the tent, and provide unhindered view of the surroundings
- Both the inner and outer layers are UV and waterproof
- Storage pockets on the inside to stash away your gear
8. Winterial 3 Person Tent
This tent measures 82 x 64 x 46 inches and weighs 5.4 pounds in total. You get two aluminum poles, a carry bag, and 4 tent stakes along with the tent.
- A rain fly has been included with a fully-vented roof
- The aluminum tent poles and stakes clamp down the tent in position
- It’s roomy and big enough to accommodate 3 people
- The tent is made of nylon which waterproofs the tent on the inside and the outside. The lining also layers the floor and keeps dampness out
- There are pockets present on the inside to store away hiking gear
7. ALPS Mountaineering Zephyr 3-Person Tent
The Alps mountaineering zephyr 3-person tent weight a minimum 5 lbs, 5 oz and a maximum of 6 lbs 2 oz. which is lightweight in comparison to most tents. It has a base size of 6’2” x 7’5”, a center height of 41 inches which provides ample room for 3 persons.
- It is a polyester tent with a rain fly that keeps water out and prevents UV damage
- Also present are two vestibules for storage of hiking gear
- The two aluminum free-standing poles and clips that clench it keep the tent upright even during harsh weather conditions
- It provides unparalleled ventilation with its mesh doors and comes equipped with a gear loft, guy rope, aluminum stakes, and 8 zippers
6. SEMOO Double Layer, 3-4 Person, 3-Season Lightweight Camping/Traveling Tent
The contents of the entire bundle include inner tent, rainfly tent, polyester bag, two inner poles, one rainfly pole, nineteen steel stakes, and six lines.
- It measures 126 x 94.5 x 51.2 inches in dimension to offer a whole lot of breathing room for up to 4 people
- The fiberglass frame is shock-corded and comes with clips for stability and easy setup
- The fiberglass frame offers protection from extreme weather conditions
- The entire tent can be dismantled, folded, and put away in the nylon bag within minutes
- Two D-shaped, zippered and meshed doors offer ventilation, uncompromised view of the surrounding, and also keep pests and insects out
5. ALPS Mountaineering Taurus 4-Person Tent
The ALPS brand is synonymous with providing quality when it comes to manufacturing hiking and outdoor gear since 1993. Take this tent, for example, it’s large enough to shelter up to 4 persons.
- There are meshed windows on each door to provide ventilation. Also at the apex is a are roof vents for stargazing
- There are two zippered doors on the left and the right with two vestibules to keep all your hiking gear
- Setting up this tent is easy. Use the pole clips to latch onto the dual fiberglass poles and it’s done
- Stay off the damp floor and rainproof the insides with its dual-layered lining
- The sealed seams together with 75D, 185T Poly Taffeta floor with 200mm coating, and 75D 185T Polyester fly with 1500mm coating keeps water and UV radiation out at all times
4. Mountainsmith Genesee 4-Person 3-Season Tent
This tent by Mountainsmith makes it to number four on this list because they’re experts in manufacturing products for outdoor activities. To put things into perspective, this 4-person tent provides a roomy environment with its 56 square feet floor area, 21 square feet vestibule area, and a peak height of 52 inches.
- No-See-Um mesh panels for ventilation and to keep insects and pests at bay
- A detachable loft pocket on the ceiling and meshed storage pockets on the inside
- Two doors and vestibules
- Taped-floor seams and fly ventilation outlets
- Clip-pole attachment too keep the tent lightweight and for breathability
- A tension lock cord for adjustment with reflective guy lines
3. WEANAS Professional Backpacking Tent
This tent is not only for hiking but is also suitable for family gatherings in the park due to its detachable inner tent.The whole contraption is lightweight and can be put away in a bag.
- Setting it up takes no more than 5 minutes
- Two doors and two vestibules for easy access and additional storage
- The tent is windproof, waterproof, UV and sunlight proof, and ventilated
- The rainfly is made up of 201T polyester with PU coating
- The poles are sturdy and durable due to its 7001 Aerospace aluminum alloy composition
- The inner tent has a breathable nylon mesh and is made from 201T polyester
- The groundsheet is woven from 150D oxford cloth which is anti-tear
2. Coleman Sundome 3-Person Tent
The Coleman Sundome 3-person tent can be set up quickly without ever snagging up. The pole sleeves allow feeding of the poles only once with a bare minimum shrinking setup time of 10 minutes.
- The windows and the ground vent keeps the insides ventilated and cool
- A tube-shaped floor with its inverted seams and corner welds keep water out at all times
- The rainfly also comes with a hood that allows you to keep the windows open even during a deluge
- The tent walls have mesh pockets sewn onto them into which you can place small items
- The tent bag is big enough to store the tent and also comes with an extra space for more items
- This tent is also roomy due to its 7×7 feet dimension with a center height of 4 feet
1. SEMOO Large Door, 3-Person, 3-Season Lightweight Water Resistant Family Camping Tent with Carry Bag
A lot of factors are at play to place this tent at the number one spot. One would have to be the polyester lining that keeps the insides of the tent dry and safe. Some of the other features include:
- The fiberglass frame offers support whereas the hooped frame keeps the tent still even in bad weather conditions
- A D-shaped door allows quick entry and exit and the window panels are meshed to enhance airflow and also keep insects out
- The tent can be set up in minutes thanks to the clips that come along with the bundle. It can also be easily dismantled and slipped into its compression bag
- There are meshed pockets on the inner linings of the tent so that you store small items like your phone, compasses, or flashlight
Quick Buyer’s Guide:
Prioritise quality over functionality. Look for tents that are durable and resistant to bad weather. It should also be easy to setup and dismantle.
So, it’s settled. You’re definitely going to be one with nature with your friends or family. But, remember to carry your emergency supplies and the tent with you because you need them to enjoy your time and be safe in the outdoors.