Many different calligraphy pens are available in the market that makes choosing the best a big challenge. Your need and expertise level should be taken into consideration in purchasing a calligraphy pen. Some of these pens come with a variety of colors while for others you will be required to separately purchase ink.
Lightweight pens bearing water-based ink are recommended for beginners since they may be prone to spills. The below compilation provides a detailed analysis of the top ten best calligraphy pens that will guide you in selection of the right product for the best experience ever.
- Top 10 Best Calligraphy Pens List
- 10- GC QUill Calligraphy Pen Set Writing Case with 5 Bottle Ink
- 9- Daveliou Calligraphy Pen Set – 19-Piece Kit – FREE Glass Pen – 12 Nib & 5 Ink Set
- 8- STAEDTLER calligraphy pen set, Complete 33 piece tin, ideal for all skill levels, 899 SM5
- 7- Tombow Fudenosuke Brush Pen 2 Pens Set
- 6- Pilot Parallel Calligraphy Pen Set, 1.5 mm, 2.4 mm, 3.8 mm and 6 mm with Bonus Ink Cartridge (P9005SET)
- 5- Fountain Pen by F. Salvatore PenInk Refill Converter Excellent Writing and Calligraphy Instrument
- 4- Sheaffer Calligraphy Maxi Kit, 3 Viewpoint Fountain Pens with 3 Nib Grades, Assortment of Ink Cartridges, Tracing Pad (73404)
- 3- Pilot Parallel Pen 2-Color Calligraphy Pen Set, with Black and Red Ink Cartridges, 2.4mm Nib (90051)
- 2- Zig MS34008V Memory System Calligraphy Markers, Multicolor, 8-Pack
- 1- GC Quill Antique Feather Writting Quill Pen Set 100% Quality Guarantee
- Factors To Consider Before Choosing A Calligraphy Pen
- Why You Need A Calligraphy Pen?
- Final Thought
Top 10 Best Calligraphy Pens List
10- GC QUill Calligraphy Pen Set Writing Case with 5 Bottle Ink
By: GC QUILL
These pens have been expertly handcrafted that are ideal for illustrators, artists, students, writers, technical professionals and teachers. They come with a 5 bottle ink and nibs of various sizes enclosed in an elegant case that gives you the best writing experience. The color patterns of the pens are high grade and the nibs are made of stainless steel tipped with iridium alloys to prevent wear and tear.
9- Daveliou Calligraphy Pen Set – 19-Piece Kit – FREE Glass Pen – 12 Nib & 5 Ink Set
This pen is the most durable and resilient type that offers beginners, professional calligrapher or student’s superior quality at an affordable price. It comes enclosed in an elegant case together with inks of various colors and an assortment of nibs great for use in all media. The nibs are made of stainless steel while tipped with iridium alloy that prevents wear and tear.
8- STAEDTLER calligraphy pen set, Complete 33 piece tin, ideal for all skill levels, 899 SM5
These pens will greatly develop your calligraphy skills by giving you an opportunity to learn a variety of lettering styles. They come with a metal storage tin that will enable you carry them as you travel. A variety of nibs are provided that include extra fine,medium,fine,extra broad and broad that fit perfectly into any of the four fountain pen bodies.
7- Tombow Fudenosuke Brush Pen 2 Pens Set
This brush pens coming in two sets are the best tools for improvement of your calligraphic skills. They include one with a soft tip and another one having a hard tip. Different strokes including medium, extra fine and fine can be done in a split-second simply by changing the brush pressure. They are absolutely great for art and calligraphy.
6- Pilot Parallel Calligraphy Pen Set, 1.5 mm, 2.4 mm, 3.8 mm and 6 mm with Bonus Ink Cartridge (P9005SET)
This calligraphy pens come with a parallel plate structure that enable you achieve a sharper and more beautiful handwriting than other calligraphy pens. Just by touching the nibs of the two pens together you will be able to produce beautiful lettering.
5- Fountain Pen by F. Salvatore PenInk Refill Converter Excellent Writing and Calligraphy Instrument
Achieve smooth and precise writing by purchasing this stylish pen. The medium nib has been gold-plated giving it an absolutely elegant appearance. It is the ideal pen for individuals bearing singular style for signature work and masterful calligraphy. It uses standard ink cartridge that brings forth reliability and portability in writing.
4- Sheaffer Calligraphy Maxi Kit, 3 Viewpoint Fountain Pens with 3 Nib Grades, Assortment of Ink Cartridges, Tracing Pad (73404)
This high quality pens have been specifically designed to provide you with uttermost skill in your calligraphy. Coming with broad, fine and medium nib grades, they are simply the best. Their performance has been further enhanced by the provision of inks of various colors that can be combined to produce a color of your choice. I can assure you that you won’t be disappointed by buying these great calligraphic pens.
3- Pilot Parallel Pen 2-Color Calligraphy Pen Set, with Black and Red Ink Cartridges, 2.4mm Nib (90051)
Advance your calligraphic skills by purchasing this set of pens. A set consists of a pen with an orange cap and barrel plus two cartridges bearing red and black colors. The manufacturers of this product have taken cleaning seriously by the provision of a pipette for pen cleaning and a specific cleaner for the nibs. Additionally the pen is refillable hence exhaustion of ink can be taken care of in a matter of seconds.
2- Zig MS34008V Memory System Calligraphy Markers, Multicolor, 8-Pack
This calligraphy pens have been specifically designed to improve the quality of your paper crafts in beauty as well as in creating high quality borders. It includes 8 markers with a variety of colours.The tips for these markers are of dual nature featuring both broad and narrow.
1- GC Quill Antique Feather Writting Quill Pen Set 100% Quality Guarantee
By: GC QUILL
Enhance your calligraphic skills by purchasing this quality pens. These pens have been 100% hand crafted using a modern design producing a state-of- the art products. They come enclosed in an elegant case with nibs of different sizes and a variety of ink colors. The stainless steel construction of the nibs assures you of long term durability all through your calligraphy.
Factors To Consider Before Choosing A Calligraphy Pen
- Style Of The Pen: Two types of calligraphy pens exist, the traditional dip pen and a rectangular cartridge-filled pen. Traditional dip pens produce messy writing hence cartridge-filled pens should be preferred. However the drawback of these cartridge-filled pens is that you won’t be able to choose the ink and nibs of your preference.
- Felt Tip Or Marker Should Be Preferred: This is because these pens don’t leak and occupy little space hence you can easily carry them around in your errands. They are also highly affordable hence easy to replace in case you misplace them.
- Consider The Type Of Nibs: Two types exist namely italic nibs and flex nibs. Flex nibs have a round shape consisting of two tines. The splitting ability of these tines will determine line variation such that tines that split more provide more line width.
Why You Need A Calligraphy Pen?
- For Quality: Calligraphy pens have been specially designed to provide quality in your calligraphy which cannot be achieved by other ordinary pens.
- They Have A Variety Of Colors: Of late most calligraphy pens come with bottled ink of various colors that you can choose from taking your art and calligraphic skills to the next level.
- They Are Less Disposable: As compared to other pens, calligraphy pens are less disposable since most of them are refillable. This is advantageous in saving cost as well as in environmental conservation.
Now that you know the best calligraphy pens with our reviews above. Let’s take advantage of the opportunity. Improve your skills today by purchasing one of the best calligraphic pens described for the best experience ever.