It can be fun especially if you have all the ingredients you need. The right equipment is also necessary to elevate cooking from a daily chore to an experience. Part of the right equipment is the best gas cooktops in 2019.
Can’t decide which gas cooktop is the best? Let our review guide you to the top 10. We will help make your decision to purchase a gas cooktop a lot easier.
- Our review of the top 10 gas cooktops
- 10. WindMax Euro Style Gas Cooktop
- 9. Frigidaire Professional Gas Cooktop
- 8. Bosch Stainless Steel Gas Sealed Burner Cooktop
- 7. GE Sealed Burner Gas Cooktop
- 6. Empava 34″ Tempered Glass Sabaf Burners Gas Cooktop
- 5. Thorkitchen Pro-Style Gas Rangetop with 6 Sealed Burners
- 4. GE Profile Black Gas Sealed Burner Cooktop
- 3. Windmax Elegant Curve Stainless Steel 4 Burners Cooktop
- 2. Ramblewood High Efficiency 2 Burner Gas Cooktop
- 1. Magic Chef 24″ Gas Cooktop
- Top 10 Best Ceramic Cookware in 2019
- Top 10 Best Kitchen Utensil Sets in 2019
- Top 10 Best Stainless Steel Trash Cans in 2019
Our review of the top 10 gas cooktops
10. WindMax Euro Style Gas Cooktop
If you enjoy making gourmet meals, then a touch of the Continent will give you a helping hand. Its 5-burner system will allow you to cook multiple dishes at the same time.
The burners can produce up to 3000 w/h and are placed on a panel that measures 30 x 20 inches. Originally designed for natural Gas but the cooktop can be adapted for LPG. The regulator is not included.
- 5 burners
- Cheap construction
- Low flame
9. Frigidaire Professional Gas Cooktop
Frigidaire is a brand name you can trust. They have been making home appliances for decades. This professional style gas cooktop will meet all your cooking needs.
Its heavy-duty cast iron grates, professional knobs, and burners all fit on the 30″ X 4 1/4″ X 21-3/4″ stove top. It easily adapts to different types of gas. From boiling to delicate temperatures you will enjoy cooking with this gas cooktop.
- Installs easily
- Professional quality
- Some shipping & handling issues
- Some customer service issues
8. Bosch Stainless Steel Gas Sealed Burner Cooktop
Bosch makes great headlights for cars. It stands to reason they can duplicate that quality with gas cooktops. This model from Bosch has 5 sealed burners that produce 16,000BTU’s. The grates are cast iron designed to be continuous.
Also, you will receive heavy duty knobs that are made to last a lifetime. These knobs are centrally located on a cooktop measuring 37 x 21.2 x 3.8 inches.
- Centralized controls
- Cast iron grates
- May lose color quickly
- May not fit standard size
7. GE Sealed Burner Gas Cooktop
GE is another trusted name in home appliances. It has designed its gas cooktop to hold only 4 sealed burners which fit on a 30 in x 3 3/16 in x 21 in the frame.
The controls are placed on the right side of the cooktop and the grates are not continuous. You get GE quality with great stainless-steel construction. The cooktop comes with a propane conversion tool.
- Electronic ignition
- Conversion is simple
- Some quality control issues
- Some customer service issues
6. Empava 34″ Tempered Glass Sabaf Burners Gas Cooktop
Made in Italy this model comes with a tempered glass stove top. The 5 burners are spaced comfortably apart. There is room for more than one pot or pan on this stove top.
Its dimensions run 33.86″ x 19.69″ x 4.33″ and have electronic pulse ignition, flame out protection and can easily be converted to LPG. Centralized knobs make it easy to control the flames.
- European styling and class
- Fits most standard cutouts
- Some flameouts
- Sticky knobs
5. Thorkitchen Pro-Style Gas Rangetop with 6 Sealed Burners
If you are a professional or want to cook like one, here is the stove top for you. 6 sealed burners placed under 3 cast iron grates will help anyone look professional.
The control knobs are front mounted, protecting them from any cooking mishaps. Also included is a porcelain drip pan. Because of the 6 burners, this cooktop dimensions (36 x 27.5 x 7.3 inches) may not fit standard cut out openings.
- 6 burners
- Front mounted knobs
- No conversion kit included
- Some operation issues
4. GE Profile Black Gas Sealed Burner Cooktop
The outstanding feature of this gas cooktop is its exhaust fan. Located right in the middle of the stove top, this downdraft exhaust will clear the air.
The 4 sealed burners are placed on a beautiful glass surface and covered by 2 dishwasher-safe grates. All the control knobs are centrally located for easy access. This gas stove top comes with its own conversion kit. (29 3/4 in x 2 3/16 in x 21 7/8 in)
- Exhaust fan
- Centrally located knobs
- Pans may slip on grates
- Hard to keep clean
3. Windmax Elegant Curve Stainless Steel 4 Burners Cooktop
This elegantly styled cooktop can be converted to different gas sources, the regulator is not included. This cooktop will add a touch of class to any kitchen with its 4 burners and approx. 11,000 BTUs output.
The control knobs are divided and placed on each side of the 23 x 20 x 3.5 inches cooktop surface.
- Continuous grates
- Accessible knobs
- Not easily installed
- Some conversion issues
2. Ramblewood High Efficiency 2 Burner Gas Cooktop
This version of the gas cooktop is for those who want a simple cooker in the kitchen. This two-sealed natural gas cooktop pushes out a maximum 8400 BTUs.
The stainless-steel finish will make any kitchen look good. Also, this stove top has thermal and flame out controls to protect your home. As well as auto-shut off to the gas supply. It is not a large cooktop measuring 20 x 12 x 3 inches.
- Auto shut off for gas supply
- Flameout control
- Low flame
- Possible gas leaks
1. Magic Chef 24″ Gas Cooktop
This four-burner cooktop puts out up to 16,000 BTUs and is fired through electronic ignition. The durable cast iron grates provide a traditional look at your kitchen. You will find the control knobs are placed just to the right of the recessed cooking surface.
It also comes with gas leak protection. It will fit any countertop with dimensions like 20.1 x 22.8 x 2.8 inches.
- Gas leak protection
- Recessed cooktop
- Basic look
- Not for all kitchens
Some Final Words
We have given you a place to start no it is up to you to find the right gas cooktop for your needs.
Related Buyer’s Guide Lists: