If you’re reading this article, it’s clear that you need to stick some pieces together. Most DIY activities around our homes require one to have the best glue. From Tear Mender to Gorilla and Shoegoo, the number of leather glues on the market is simply overwhelming. To make the selection process a breeze, we sifted through a bellyful of glue brands and prepared this list of the Top 10 best leather glues in 2019.
At the end of this review, we will also offer some tips on the factors you need to consider before fishing out your wallet to buy a leather glue.
- The 10 Best Leather Glues in 2019 List
- #10 Tear Mender Bish’s Original Instant Fabric and Leather Adhesive, 5 Gallon Container, TG-640
- #9 Beacon 527
- #8 Barge All Purpose Cement Quart
- #7 Shoe Goo Repair Adhesive for Fixing Worn Shoes or Boots, Clear, 3.7 Oz. Tube
- #6 Gorilla Super Glue, 6 g, Clear
- #5 Krazy Glue Home & Office Brush On Super Glue, Brush Applicator
- #4 Gorilla Super Glue Gel, 20 g, Clear
- #3 Boot-Fix Shoe Glue: Instant Professional Grade Shoe Repair Glue
- #2 Loctite Ultra Gel Control Super Glue 4-Gram (1363589)
- #1 Tear Mender Bish’s Original Tear Mender Instant Fabric and Leather Adhesive, 2 Oz. Bottle, TG-2
- Factors To Consider Before Buying Glues:
- Final Thoughts!
The 10 Best Leather Glues in 2019 List
#10 Tear Mender Bish’s Original Instant Fabric and Leather Adhesive, 5 Gallon Container, TG-640
By: Tear Mender
Tear Mender is one of the best brands, if not the best one. They offer various models and this one starts off our list. I have used this leather glue for various activities around my home and the results are simply amazing. This is a latex-based glue which is perfect for doing repairs on leather and fabric.
Upon drying, the latex forms an instant bond which is highly flexible and totally waterproof. Also, the bond is also dry-cleanable and machine washable. In a jiffy, if you’re looking for strong and waterproof glue, add this one to your cart.
#9 Beacon 527
By: Beacon Adhesives
On the 9th position, we have the Beacon Adhesives’ leather glue. This is a multi-purpose and super strong leather glue which boasts a fast-drying feature. What I loved more about this glue is the fact that it can be used on all surfaces. I mean, you can use it on metals, ceramics, shells, gems, wood, cardboard, glass and many more.
My son used it to stick some cardboard together for his school project. And yes, the outcome earned him a good grade since there weren’t any mishaps during the presentation. The high-precision tips offer a permanent waterproof bond which never breaks.
#8 Barge All Purpose Cement Quart
The barge is an all-purpose ultra-strength adhesive which can be used on rubber, vinyl, and leather. Perfect for leather shoes, boots, metal, wood, rubber, plaster, plastics, concrete and paper, I remember using it on my boots and they have never had issues to date. Of course, the pricing is considerably fair given the quality and performance.
#7 Shoe Goo Repair Adhesive for Fixing Worn Shoes or Boots, Clear, 3.7 Oz. Tube
Whether you need to repair your shoes or simply want to add a protective coat on vinyl, rubber leather or canvas, this is the right leather glue for you. My dad has been using it since I was young and he has maintained his loyalty to date. Of course, there’re reasons why he still prefers it over all the other brands.
First, this glue rebuilds bonds and protects your leather and other material for a permanent outcome. Ideal for patching small holes, this is the ideal sealant for all your needs. And yes, the price is also fair.
#6 Gorilla Super Glue, 6 g, Clear
I am a sucker for Gorilla leather glues. I bought this glue during last year’s winter season. I had been looking for a waterproof adhesive to patch my waterproof boots which had developed a few issues. This was the option I want for and I have no regrets at all. First, this is a unique product which forms a strong impact resistant bond.
What’s more, this isn’t one of those glues which dry up after the first use. It comes with an anti-clog cap which ensures that you keep using it for days without drying up. Upon application, it dries within seconds and doesn’t clamp.
#5 Krazy Glue Home & Office Brush On Super Glue, Brush Applicator
By: Krazy Glue
This is an insanely versatile leather glue designed to ensure that you have the best results. Perfect for home and office uses, whether you want to repair your leather handbag or simply need to stick a poster on the wall for everyone to see, this is the glue to get.
The glue offers an instant bond on vinyl, plastics, ceramic, wood and leather. What’s more, it comes with a brush applicator which offers adequate coverage and easy control. It’s a great product for large surfaces.
#4 Gorilla Super Glue Gel, 20 g, Clear
Just like its earlier sibling, this is another great product available on the market. Unlike most adhesives I have used in the past, this Gorilla glue doesn’t run or mess the surface. This is a quick-drying gel formula which is ideal for vertical surfaces. The anti-clog feature prevents drying thus making it ideal for tough use. Of course, the price is also fairly inexpensive.
#3 Boot-Fix Shoe Glue: Instant Professional Grade Shoe Repair Glue
I have used many leather glues, but Boot-Fix is on a whole different level. Scooping the Amazon’s choice position, this is a real bang for your bucks. Some of the key features include the fact that it doesn’t clamp or expand. Additionally, the glue also dries instantly and forms an extremely strong bond.
The flexible bond makes it ideal for soles since they require adequate flexibility. Of course, the fact that it results in a crystal clear outcome ensures that you never see smudges or discoloration on your fingers as you use it.
#2 Loctite Ultra Gel Control Super Glue 4-Gram (1363589)
Appearing an inch closer to the top position, Loctite is a product worth a purchase. Ideal for repairing figurines, cameras, toys, costume jewelry, metal car parts O-rings, and seals; this is a must-have for any homeowner. I used it on my wiper blades and they now look perfect.
This leather glue is perfect for cardboards, clipboards, wood, metal, fabric, ceramic, rubber, plastic and PVC among others. Packed in a 4-gram bottle, this is the perfect product for all your sticking and sealing needs.
#1 Tear Mender Bish’s Original Tear Mender Instant Fabric and Leather Adhesive, 2 Oz. Bottle, TG-2
By: Tear Mender
Tear Mender wraps up our list of the top 10 best leather glues in 2019. This is the best product on the market. Of course, it out-muscles all the other products on various parameters. First, this is a latex-based product designed for repairing leather and fabric. It dries, quickly and forms a strong, waterproof bond. Additionally, the bond formed is non-flammable, non-toxic, UV resistant and flexible. If you’re looking for the best leather glue, then stop reading and purchase this product.
Factors To Consider Before Buying Glues:
- The Substrates: What do we mean by substrates? Well, we’re simply referring to the material to be acted upon. Various glues will perform better on a certain surface but be very weak on another surface. For that reason, you need to be very keen on the material where the glue is supposed to be used. For our case, the material is leather so be picky when choosing any of the glues available on the market.
- Level of Cleanliness Of The Surface: The level of cleanliness of the substrate greatly affects the effectiveness of the glue. Generally, glues with work perfectly on a cleaned surface.
- Level of Viscosity: Less viscous leather glue is perfect for thin bonds or applications which require wicking. For vertical applications, you need a Thixotropic material.
- Price: The price has to come to play whenever you’re looking for leather glue. Although I buy the old adage “Cheap is expensive”, I believe acquiring the right leather glue doesn’t need to cost you an arm and a leg. Simply pick a product whose price is average.
Acquiring leather products is easy. However, keeping them in a good condition can be tough. That’s why you need to be armed with the best leather glue at all times. In this review, we have provided the right brands and hope that you’ll find each product worth a purchase. Having tested most of them, you can be sure to have a great service.