When it comes to attaching any material together, the right tool is of utmost importance. Materials such as metals need to be melted in order to stick together. This requires intense amount of heat and special tools that can produce it. Here is where the MIG welder comes in. MIG is an acronym for Metal Inert Gas.
This type of welder is among the few that are used in joining metal together. This machine uses electricity to heat, melt and join two or several pieces of metal. Also this machine is popular because it is easy to use. We have listed Top 8 Best MIG Welders in 2019 review that are worth your every coin.
- Top 8 Best MIG Welders in 2019
- #8 LONGEVITY Migweld 140 – 140 Amp Mig Welders Capable of Flux-Core 110v
- #7 Pro-Series MMIG125 125 Amp Fluxcore Welder Kit, Black
- #6 MIG Flux Core Welders 115V, 70A with Thermal Overload Protection (WG216001AV)
- #5 2017 Everlast Mig140 MIG Welder 110/120 volts FLUX 140AMP
- #4 Lincoln Electric K2185-1 Handy MIG Welder
- #3 LOTOS MIG175 175AMP Mig Welder with FREE Spool Gun, Mask, Aluminum Welding Wires
- #2 Hobart 500559 Handler 140 MIG Welders 115V
- #1 Goplus MIG 130 Welder Flux Core Wire Automatic Feed Welding Machine w/ Free Mask
- Factors To Consider When Buying The Best MIG Welder:
- Why Do You Need A MIG Welder?
- Final Thoughts!
Top 8 Best MIG Welders in 2019
#8 LONGEVITY Migweld 140 – 140 Amp Mig Welders Capable of Flux-Core 110v
Whether you are a beginner or a professional, you will find using this MIG welder a breeze. It is one of the most versatile machines. This welder can easily melt aluminum and other exotic material using the optional spool gun. Set up is easy by just connecting it to a standard 110-volt power cord and you are ready to weld up anywhere with/without gas. In addition, it is capable of welding up to 3/8″ mild steel, very portable and is perfect for use in shop, home or repair welding.
#7 Pro-Series MMIG125 125 Amp Fluxcore Welder Kit, Black
By: Pro- Series
If you are an amateur or you want to carry out light jobs around the house, shop or farm this welder should be your go-to product. Its compact nature makes it easy for portability and storage. You can use it to weld metals such as stainless steel, aluminum, carbon steel, copper, nickel and other metal alloys. Can weld up to 18 gauge to 3/16 inches in one pass. It comes with a ground cable, welding gun, spool flux cored wire, a face shield and brush hammer. All these equipment makes it easy to start since they are everything you need in order to weld.
#6 MIG Flux Core Welders 115V, 70A with Thermal Overload Protection (WG216001AV)
By: Campbell Hausfeld
The Campbell Hausfeld MIG welder is great when it comes to welding projects in the shop or around the house. It comes with built-in gas liner and valve meaning you don’t need extra parts; therefore, you can start working straight away. The four heat settings can melt metal thickness up to ¼ inch. In case of overheating, this machine automatically activates thermal overload consequently cooling it.
The speed control allows precise adjustments for a smooth and even weld. The gun features a trigger-activated arc that makes it easy to start. This welder also comes with a starter pool flux-cored wire, MIG regulator and 2 contact tips. The ground cable is 8 feet long and allows free movements when you need to finish your projects easier and faster.
#5 2017 Everlast Mig140 MIG Welder 110/120 volts FLUX 140AMP
By: Everlast Power Equipment
The Everlast MIG Welder is designed to be used with 4 inch or 8 Inch wire pool. It features an inverter based design that help in lowering weight and power consumption while at the same time increasing duty cycle and arc performance. With no tapped settings, you are left with stepless control of both voltage and wire speed. The 120v input design makes it easy for this machine to be used almost anywhere. Lastly, the standard drive roll is capable of feeding .023″-.035″ wire diameter.
#4 Lincoln Electric K2185-1 Handy MIG Welder
By: Lincoln Electric
This Lincoln Electric MIG welder has a compact design, is lightweight and portable making it the best choice when it comes home repairs and easy projects on light gauge gentle steel. It is also perfect for beginners who want to try their hands at welding since it is easy to use. This user-friendly welder plugs into 115V and 20 amp outlet and voila it is ready for use. It comes with four voltage settings plus speed adjustment that allows you weld any mild steel from 24 gauges to 1/8″ thick.
It is easy to commence working since this MIG weld comes with gun and a cable, work cable clamp, gas regulator and hose, gas nozzle, spool of solid wire, contact tips and a hand shield and chipping hammer. Lastly, you can use this welder with gasless, flux-cored wire too.
#3 LOTOS MIG175 175AMP Mig Welder with FREE Spool Gun, Mask, Aluminum Welding Wires
By: Lotos Technology
The LOTOS MIG175 is a very versatile welder. It is capable of welding aluminum with the spool gun. It uses transformer technology that has been confirmed to be reliable and durable. This welder easily connects to 220V wall outlet is easy to setup (within 10 minutes). It is able to handle standard 4″ or 6″ wire spools. This machine features a resettable overload protection that assures long operating life. Additionally, it is ideal for use in welding stainless steel, aluminum, mild steel and other metals. This welder comes with a spool gun, 10 feet 4 inches cable, 4-prong end connection, 1lb aluminum wire with a diameter of 0.9 millimeter.
#2 Hobart 500559 Handler 140 MIG Welders 115V
Hobart MIG welder is mostly for professional welders. It is highly versatile and perfect for the welder who works on auto body, heavier farm projects or any other services that require powerful welding. This welder is portable and is easy to transport therefore, you can weld anywhere you need. It operates on 115 volt current and a 20 amp circuit. Hobart Welder comes with a 5-Position that offers the ability to tune the arc in order to produce smooth stable arc an all thickness. This item is super easy to use and is great for Do It Yourself projects.
#1 Goplus MIG 130 Welder Flux Core Wire Automatic Feed Welding Machine w/ Free Mask
Coming in at number one is this amazing welder by Go plus. It is compact and is made of heavy duty stainless steel that ensures long life span and reliability. This machine uses Flux-Cored wire and self release metal-inert gas when welding in order to prevent oxidation of the part being welded. The 4 adjustable welding speeds allow you to choose how slowly or fast you would like to operate.
The portable design and versatility is just the right thing for welding normal thin sheets for home DIY projects and general repairing work. In addition, it features a carrying handle that makes transportation and storage easy. Last but not least, it also features complimentary necessities such as 2 air vents that help in heat dissipation, a protection masks, standard American triangle ground cords among others.
Factors To Consider When Buying The Best MIG Welder:
Before you purchase this type of equipment, you have to make sure that you get the best value for your money, and a machine that will fit your needs. Ensure that you consider the following factors and features:
- Input Power: For household projects, you may want a welder that plugs into 115V outlet for it to operate while keeping your home safe. Some welders come with adaptable input for power options.
- Metal Types: This is another important factor to consider when it comes to purchasing the right welder. This is because some do not work with thick or very hard metals as they don’t provide enough heat. If you work with several types of metals choose one that is more versatile and has plenty of power.
- Warranty: Choose a unit with a manufacturer’s warranty just in case you receive a faulty machine. If it is faulty, you won’t be liable if it is due to a manufacturer’s shortcoming. Ensure that the unit you buy is has not only a warranty but also friendly technical support.
Why Do You Need A MIG Welder?
- Versatility: One of the biggest advantages of using this type of welder is the versatility. You can use this machine to join a variety of different metal types such as stainless steel, aluminum, carbon steel with different thicknesses.
- Ease of use: This machine provides a good weld bead with least amount of splatter, and it’s very easy to use and set up.
- Convenience: This machine has the capability of welding in all positions. This is great especially when using different applications which include welding sheets and metal pipes.
Whether you are working on auto body or fixing pipes around your home or even doing DIY projects, you will need to connect metal to another piece of metal and without a welder it is not possible. A MIG welder is the best choice because it is easy to use and is versatile as well. We have listed all the best welding machines that can be used on mild or hard metals, they also provide neat results and their overall power is highly praiseworthy.