The people who like squatting and deadlifting inspired the innovation as well as the design of weight lifting belts. People who claimed to know it all did not welcome the idea. That was the beginning of a tag of war. The experts said it was a liability while those in the field saw it as an asset. Time passed by and common sense solved the deadlock. It is just natural to believe the practical part of everything. Over time, the weight lifting belts have proved to be of great help to the weightlifter.
Those who have opted for it have reaped several benefits. They include relatively high rates of muscle fiber activation as well as lack of sticking points. As a result, they have grown to be bigger, healthier and stronger. You should join them for your dream body build.
For the best, a leather weight lifting belt will do you justice by lasting for decades. The buckle should be single-prolonged. They are more secure than the double-prolonged. Lever system for the latching and unlatching makes it easier take both on and off. It should be comfortable with a width of about 10 cm. The 10 mm thickness is excellent and can be up to 13mm. Here is a list of the best weightlifting belts in 2020. Check it out!
List of Top Best Weight Lifting Belts Reviews
10. FlexzFitness Lever Buckle Powerlifting Belt
This durable and robust weight lifting belt keeps your back safe when working out. It is made up of sturdy materials. The fittings and leather are high quality. The lever allows for adjustable setting and firm support on heavy lifts. After finishing your set, you do not have to remove the whole belt. The belt feels good on, strong support. This is the perfect belt if you are starting out.
- The belt has among the highest quality in the market.
- The color is gorgeous.
- It is a little thick, so if you are not lifting heavy, I would not recommend getting such a heavy duty belt.
9. Valeo 4 inch VLP performance Low profile Hand Washable Lifting belt for men
This unisex weight lifting belt will serve its purpose beyond your expectation. It is well made and is of a good value. As for sizing, it is a matter of preference. I would recommend belt overlap. It is small, comfortable and works as intended. It is ideal for lifting and every day around the heavy housework. Regarding price, it is great. It is great for squatting and deadlifting. It helps to keep the back and core together. Velcro is super secure and easy to use.
- The weight lifting belt works as it should.
- It is easy to use.
- It has a fair price.
- Quality requires improvements.
- A little uncomfortable during deadlifts as the leather is thin
8. Harbinger Women’s nylon Weightlifting belt with flexible Ultralight foam core
The pink color makes a strong statement. Ladies have weight lifting belts to turn to for their exercises. Its low profile and the fact that it is washable with hands which suit every lady’s lifestyle. This belt is comfortable and works well for general weightlifting. It provides support for the back and especially when lifting lighter (less than powerlifting) allowing you to have some flexibility. It is durable and affordable. There is a comfortable fit with Velcro adjustable waist.
- It is very lightweight.
- It is less stiff than a leather belt.
7. Harbinger Weightlifting Belt
Boom! The weight lifting belt is worth every penny it would cost you to secure one. This belt provides great support and increased stability on the lower back. It is a very comfortable lifting belt. It has a good look, and it gets the job done. In addition to that, it does not have holes so you can fit it as exact as you need to your body and not to your hole’s spaces. It maintains a circular hold around your waist.
- It has a heavy gauge steel roller buckle which makes tensioning simple and easy.
- Durable abrasion.
- The size does not fit accurately. It is a little smaller.
6. Master of muscle Workout Weight Lifting Belt for men and women
This great belt is well-constructed. The material is of good quality. It is lightly padded and offers excellent support. It is very comfortable. The Velcro has a stronghold. The Velcro quick release strap is accessible to both a reach and a grip when tightening or loosening the belt. The padded design on the rear of the belt helps me align the belt squarely across the small of my back. It is really of very high quality, and it offers excellent support that it gives while lifting. It is a great, high-quality belt and a fantastic value as well. Works well and does not pinch.
- Increased workouts as you do not have to deal with sores each day.
- Manual instructions.
- The Velcro does not work to keep it around the waist correctly.
5. Valeo 4-Inch padded leather lifting belt for men and women
Underline the word ‘padded’. It is a guarantee of comfort if you settle for this weight lifting belt. This belt is a comfortable and perfect fit to wear. It feels great to wear it, and it suits its purpose. It is rigid enough to be productive. The cost is fair considering the quality of services you will get from this belt. I would recommend it if you are going to deadlift or squat.
- It fits perfectly.
- One feels comfortable when wearing it.
- The size is not usually accurate and is a little bit smaller.
- Some customers have described this belt as old school.
4. Harbinger Padded Leather Contoured Weightlifting Belt with Suede Lining and steel Roller Buckle
This belt is extremely comfortable and stable. The leather is the way to go for this belts. This belt offers excellent support. It is a recommendation for beginners who are going to be weightlifters. It is of good quality. Its price is very fair, and it is perfect weight band. The buckle is easy to work when tired and sweaty. The fit is excellent, and nothing digs down in a full squat.
- It has a design perfect for comfort.
- Durability is a guarantee because of the belt’s double-stitching.
- Very stiff leather takes some breaking in and painful to use at first.
3. Dark iron fitness
This belt looks good and feels even better. It fits well just like advertised with the sizes. I especially love the width and how it supports the back while allowing for bending over to lift the weight without cutting into hips. It is impressive for those intense heavy lift days. With its leather material, you can be sure it will last long. Also, the material is made to endure much abuse.
- It made of leather that makes it last longer.
- These weight lifting belts are comfortable and do not feel bulky at the waist.
- It is very light.
- Many customers are recommending the making of wrists straps.
2. Pulchra Weight Lifting Belts
Pulchra Weight Lifting Belts has a secure fastening with Velcro. It offers a far better fastening than buckle versions which you would struggle to make smaller adjustments. The positive side using Velcro is that it is very comfortable and it does not rub. The synthetic belt is not only lightweight but also infinitely adjustable. Therefore, it should fit correctly.
- This belt helps to keep you safe from injury to the low back during heavy lifts.
- It can increase the performance of your session.
- This belt can prevent motor learning in the abdominal muscles.
1. Fire Team Fit
This belt goes comfortable, and with the belt loop and good Velcro, it stays securely in one place. The support is outstanding, and the comfort is there as well. The belt itself is lightweight but feels sturdy. The Velcro allows the wearer to dial in the right tightness. It is of high quality, and it is very comfortable and provides excellent support. Easy on/off and quick to adjust and is helpful when one wants to cinch it down for a set then loosen it when recovering ng between sets.
- The belt is very comfortable.
- It is flexible
- The belt is breathable
- This belt does not provide the same extreme level of support for a leather powerlifting belt.
There have been myriad options of weight lifting belts. That has made the process of choosing a belt difficult especially for those people who usually want nothing but the best. I want to believe the above information will go a long way in helping you make the right decision.