As a parent or babysitter, you’ll always have to keep an eye on the baby. They’re vulnerable. However, just because you have to take care of a baby doesn’t mean you disengage from additional work. Investing in a baby video monitor is the right way to go so that you’re at the constant beck and call of a child. That said, here are the top 10 best baby video monitors in 2018.
- List of Best Baby Video Monitors in 2018
- 10. SereneLife Dual System Baby Video Monitor
- 9. Axvue E650 Video Baby Monitor with 5.0″ LCD Screen
- 8. Lyker Video Baby Monitor with Digital Camera
- 7. Babysland Video Baby Monitor with Night Vision Camera
- 6. Palermo HD Video Baby Monitor with Wifi Surveillance Camera
- 5. FREDI Baby Monitor with 1080p WIFI IP Surveillance Camera
- 4. Babysense Video Baby Monitor with LCD Display
- 3. Summer Infant In-View Digital Color Video Baby Monitor
- 2. Hello Baby Video Wireless Baby Monitor with Night Vision
- 1. Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor with Interchangeable Optical Lens
List of Best Baby Video Monitors in 2018
10. SereneLife Dual System Baby Video Monitor
Starting off with a bang is SereneLife’s video monitor. This is one baby gadget you must consider since it’s affordable and packed with features such as:
- A 2-way audio and video channel that lets you know what your baby’s upto. You can, of course, speak into the microphone and soothe your baby to sleep
- You can trigger soothing lullabies and melodies through the camera’s speaker system
- The camera also has a thermometer in place which lets you monitor your baby’s room temperature right from the screen
- A 2.4GHz LCD screen is also present, equipped with rechargeable batteries, with a range of upto 850 feet
- The camera also has Infrared camera that lets you keep an eye on your baby at night
9. Axvue E650 Video Baby Monitor with 5.0″ LCD Screen
This video monitoring system comes with a 5-inch TFT-LCD screen with infrared night vision capability. The 2.4gHz wireless, 2-way audio technology gives you the feature of portability. Also, included are the following:
- Control the camera in a 360-degree swivel or 90-degrees upwards from the screen unit
- Onboard the camera is a temperature sensor that can monitor room temperature in Fahrenheit and Celsius
- Upto 4 cameras can be connected to single unit
- The beauty lies in the fact that the camera switches feed every 8 seconds or so
- You also get the feature to zoom in on your child with the camera 2X focusing mode
8. Lyker Video Baby Monitor with Digital Camera
In many ways, this entry is similar to the last, but the reason why it’s placed higher is that it comes with extra features. But first, here’s the complete package.
- There’s a high quality camera onboard that provides HD feed to its 2.4-inch TFT-LCD screen
- Infrared vision lets you view your baby’s activities even at night without turning on the lights
- The thermometer in the camera records room temperature and relays it to the screen in real time
- There is a 2-way audio system which lets you get audio feed from your baby and also lets you speak through the camera speaker
- The one feature that makes this product stand out is its battery saving mode which dims the screen display when there is no audio being captured from your baby
- The entire system also comes with features, such as lullabies, 360-degree camera rotation, 60-degree camera tilt, 2X camera zoom, LED indicator to detect sound
7. Babysland Video Baby Monitor with Night Vision Camera
Baby monitoring just got simpler and convenient with this unit. Why? Well, at least now you can focus on other duties without having to be right next to your child. But that’s not all you get because this unit is a bundle of surprises.
- For instance, there is a 2-way audio channel embedded in the system so that you and your baby can listen to each others’ voices
- There is also a camera thermometer that relays room temperature to your handheld monitor
- It’s 2.4-inch TFT-LCD monitor displays vivid, crisp, and detailed videos
- Upto 4 additional cameras can be attached to one single unit
- There is an onboard sensor that alerts you if you’re moving out of the 900-feet range for the feed
6. Palermo HD Video Baby Monitor with Wifi Surveillance Camera
Unlike other entries before, this video monitoring system loops in WiFi. Yes, you heard that right. Now you don’t have to worry about moving out of range for the video feed.
- The camera connects to the WiFi system that allows you to keep an eye on your child from your phone
- Just download the app with a few taps, connect to the internet, keep the camera connected to the WiFi system and stream video feed from your child’s room
- Comes with infrared for night vision and motion-detection feature
- 2-way audio channel is also built into the camera
The camera and phone app also allow you to record video and audio in high definition or take pictures. Perhaps the best feature this monitoring system is its ability to connect to other devices which are also connected to the WiFi. For instance, WiFi enabled smoke detectors, door locks, lights for a single cohesive security unit for your child when you’re away.
5. FREDI Baby Monitor with 1080p WIFI IP Surveillance Camera
Here is a video monitoring system that not only qualifies as a watchful eye for your baby but also for any environment, be it office, shops, residences, and the like. The reason why this can also be used as a security camera is that it has a wide 185-degree viewing angle on its camera. The video feed can be received on your phone after downloading the camera app. However, you need to be connected to the internet; and so does the camera.
There is also a motion detecting sensor in the camera that instantly takes a snapshot when there is slight movement within its field of vision and sends it to you along with a message. The IR filter within the camera relays high definition image and video feed to your phone.
4. Babysense Video Baby Monitor with LCD Display
At number fours on this list is this monitoring system that is ever-watchful of your house, and you’re baby’s surrounding environment.
- Crystal clear video and audio feed to the 2.4-inch TFT-LCD display
- 2-way audio channel for your baby and yourself to talk and listen to one another
- Upto 900-feet of range with automated alarm system when you move out of the limit
- Automated infrared system for clear feed in darker environments
- Real-time alerts for high and low room temperatures
- Can be placed on a tabletop or mounted on a wall
- Trigger alarms and set times
- Upto 4 cameras can be connected
- Rotate camera 360-degrees and tilt 60-degrees manually or from the screen
3. Summer Infant In-View Digital Color Video Baby Monitor
You need a baby video monitoring system that ticks all your checkboxes, but you can’t narrow down to one. Well, this entry might fix that for you. To get a better idea, here’s a look at what features it brings to the table.
- LED lights on the camera are activated by sound
- 5-inch portable LCD screen for crisp and clear video and audio feeds
- Indicators and alerts for low battery and out of range
- Manual adjustment of colors, brightness, and volume
- Save the trouble of recharging the screen as an automated power save mode
- Range upto 600 feet of audio and video
- A wall anchor with additional security clips
- Can be mounted on the wall or place on a tabletop
2. Hello Baby Video Wireless Baby Monitor with Night Vision
Winding down this list to number two is Hello Baby’s baby video monitor that is an ideal fit for any family with a toddler. And here’s why:
- No chance of pixelated and grainy images with its HD camera lens
- The inbuilt sensor and IR lights pickup dark and bright conditions and automatically adjust to relay black and white feed at all times
- The parent monitor has a range of upto 960 feet
- The parent unit also has a 950mAh battery that lasts upto 7-8 hours on a single charge
- 2-way audio lets you listen and talk to your baby
- The LED indicators on the parent unit lights-up when the child cries or makes a sound. This is especially helpful when the parent unit’s volume is turned down or the person is hard of hearing
- Switch between video-only or audio-only modes to conserve battery
- Play polyphonic lullabies to soothe your baby and monitor room temperature with the camera’s thermometer
1. Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor with Interchangeable Optical Lens
This video monitoring system finds itself at number one on this list because it offers little extra features than the rest. The first has to be the additional, interchangeable, optical attachment that can be swapped for more viewing angles and zoom. Power-packed battery with upto 10 hours of playback in power saving mode and 6 hours in normal mode. It also has an additional optical zoom lens.
A video monitoring system for your child has to include night vision, temperature monitoring sensor, audio and motion detecting sensors. Apart from these, it must be able to run without any glitches and must be able to offer crisp audio and video feeds.
Although the buyer’s guide and all entries here tell you what a video monitoring system must feature, always try to catch hold of a person who has used a monitoring system before. That way, you’ll know what should be the best buy for your family.