You never know when you might have an unexpected expense. One of the ways to save money is to get rid of your old tank water heater. Their 24-hour heating keeps your energy bill from dropping. You need a top 10 best tankless water heaters in 2019 to save money. These units only use energy when they are turned off. Their instantaneous heating design still provides you with the hot water you need. Keep reading to find out more.
- List of Top 10 Best Tankless Water Heaters in 2019
- 10. Marey Tankless Electric Water Heater
- 9. Eccotemp Indoor tankless heater
- 8. Rinnai Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater
- 7. Rheem Indoor Direct Vent Natural Gas Water Heater
- 6. Takagi Indoor Tankless Water Heater
- 5. Camplux Outdoor Portable Tankless Water Heater
- 4. Takagi Indoor Tankless Water Heater
- 3. Stiebel Eltron Tempra Tankless Electric Water
- 2. Bosch Tronic Electric Water Heater
- 1. EcoSmart Electric Tankless Water Heater
List of Top 10 Best Tankless Water Heaters in 2019
10. Marey Tankless Electric Water Heater
Depending on your environment this tankless water heater can heat two different water taps. Then it will work between 1.3 and 3 GPM while only using 11Kw of electricity. The LCD lets you see clearly as you program the water temperature.
You will need a 60-amp fuse when you install this unit in your home. The German-designed tankless water heater is easy to install but use a licensed plumber to avoid any mistakes.
- 1.3 to 3.0 GPM
- Capable of heating more than one water tap
- LCD display screen
- Easy to program
- Easy to install
9. Eccotemp Indoor tankless heater
You need to match this tankless water heater’s ½” fittings with your water lines. If they do not line up a simple adapter will do. Then you can enjoy all the hot water you want. The black acrylic box has all the buttons and programming feature you need.
Its clear numbers let you see what you are doing. Then the child lock function keeps children from playing with it. The water heater will heat water at the rate of 3 GPM.
- Child lock function
- 3 GPM heating capacity
- Fully programmable
- Clear display panel
- ½” water fittings
8. Rinnai Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater
Natural gas is cheaper than electricity, making this double-edged energy bill saver. It uses 199,000 BTUs to instantly heat your water while emitting low NOx levels. The red indicator light lets you know that it is on and working.
Then the display panel allows you to alter your water’s heat setting. You can switch between F and C. Its ¾ gas and water fittings make this an easy unit to install in your home.
- Uses natural gas
- Up to 199,000 BTUs
- Programmable and switches between F and C
- 185 degrees F maximum temperature
- Up to a 12-year warranty
7. Rheem Indoor Direct Vent Natural Gas Water Heater
The stainless-steel heat exchanger makes all the difference in heating your water. You need to use PVC piping to install this unit correctly. The unit will withstand extreme temperatures with the cold side maxing out at -30 degrees.
The 9.5 GPM is heated at 199,000 BTUs, making this a very efficient water heater. Its ¾” water fitting should not be a problem for most homeowners. There is enough power to heat two showers and two taps at the same time.
- Smart electronic controls
- 9.5 GPM
- 199,000 BTUs of power
- Stainless-steel heat exchanger
- Easy to install
6. Takagi Indoor Tankless Water Heater
If you do not have electrical power or natural gas lines, then this propane water heater will do the job. It will give you between approx. 19,500 to 140,000 BTUs of power. Then the direct vent water heater will heat water at the rate of 6.6GPM. ¾” water fittings will hook the heater up to your water line, while the copper heat exchanger does the rest. The maximum temperature of this house heating water heater is 167 degrees F.
- From 19,000 to 140,000 BTUs
- 6.6 GPM
- Requires 4-inch stainless-steel venting
- Provides hot water for the whole house
5. Camplux Outdoor Portable Tankless Water Heater
This is another model that uses propane to heat the water supply. It is portable and designed to work outside. It will work at approx. 1.3 GPM and with as little as 2.5 PSI. You can adjust the temperature between 46 degrees and 114 degrees F approx.
Two control knobs control the flow of gas and water through the water heater. There is also a 20-minute safety shut-off function as well as anti-freeze control. There is also a flame failure protection function as well.
- Two control knobs
- Propane heated
- Up to 114 degrees F water temperature
- Different safety features
- Portable and for outdoors
4. Takagi Indoor Tankless Water Heater
140,000 BTUs provides you with up to 6.6 GPM of heated water. To use this unit to heat water you will need a natural gas hook-up. Make sure you hook this heater up to its own stainless-steel 4-inch direct vent.
Inside the unit, you will find different switches that adjust this water heater to your current altitude. It will also work with hard or soft water. This tankless water heater should provide enough hot water for the whole house.
3. Stiebel Eltron Tempra Tankless Electric Water
The controls are all contained in a simple control panel located to the left of the unit. Its two indicator lights let you know when it is off and when it is working hard to heat your water. Then you can adjust the temperature according to your needs.
If you only need handwashing heat, you have a setting for that If you need normal hot water, then there is a setting for that as well. This German tankless water heater needs no venting and comes with a red LCD display.
- Adjustable temperature control
- LCD display
- No venting
- Small enough to fit anywhere
- Quiet operation
2. Bosch Tronic Electric Water Heater
This water heater comes with a mini tank for specific water heating duties. It fits under any sink you need hot water. The 2.5-gallon mini tank will provide enough hot water when called upon. It can handle up to 2 sinks at the same time.
The unit has an electric cord that plugs into any standard 110 outlets. It can install inline or be used independently. A water temperature control is on the face of the water heater.
- 2 ½ gallon mini tank
- Heats 2 sinks at the same time
- Uses standard 110 electrical outlets
- Flexible installation
- Fast recovery rate
1. EcoSmart Electric Tankless Water Heater
With its 1 degree at a time adjustment, you are in total control of how hot your water will get. The digital display lets you know the temperature setting. Its copper and stainless-steel interior components make this a long lasting tankless water heater.
The ¾” pipe fittings bring the water to this 240-volt electric water heater. Then you need 3 40-amp breakers to operate it correctly. It only uses 27kw hours of electricity.
- Adjustable temperature setting
- Digital display
- Copper and stainless0steel components
- ¾” fittings
- 27kw of power used
Everyone likes to save money. Maybe it is time to make the switch from your energy consuming tank water heater to a more energy efficient unit. By using one of the top 10 best tankless water heaters in 2019 you are becoming environmentally friendly.
You are also going to be saving on your energy bills. Even though they are tankless, you are not going to run out of hot water.